Monday, 20 April 2015

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

During this A2 media course we all received different pieces of feedback in regards to our pitches at the start of the year, our main films, our film posters and our magazine reviews in order for us to see the positives of our work and if there are any negatives. This then meant we could work upon these points that the audience had given us and hopefully improved the coursework so that it then meets their standards.  On this post there is a presentation done on Emaze and a group video that gives an answer to this question.

The presentation below is better viewed in full screen for better quality:

Powered by emaze

We used the audience feedback to improve our work constantly over the A2 course and without it I really feel that we would have suffered. The feedback allowed us to identify the errors in our work such as the continuity errors that were in our film "Theres a shadow from the camera on Alice's arm" for example was one piece of feedback we received. All of these were altered by us reshooting the footage and re-editing them to remove these continuities. For the film poster we were told if anything needed enlarging or moving and if everything worked well together in a creative way while following poster conventions. To deal with this feedback we simply went back into Photoshop and looked at how we'd be able to get around these problems and try to amend them as best as possible. This went with the magazine review page as well, only the software we completed this on was QuarkXpress and so the changes had to be assessed as to how easy they would be and whether or not it was possible to do them without having to really mess up the rest of the review page and starting again.


So overall from our different pieces of audience feedback, I feel that the work I have created this year hasn't been that bad - each piece has had its negative points and need for improvements but I feel that I, as a team, have overcome these and created some decent pieces of coursework thanks to the audience feedback. Had we not had these little sessions during lesson to watch each other's films or analysed each other's ancillary tasks then I think we would have lost out on the opportunity to improve them. Having audience feedback from the public (this being mostly friends and family) allowed us to learn what those without media knowledge thought of our work and that then gave us a rough idea of what our target audience would think if it was the general public - people we didn't know at all. 

Below is a video that members of our production team and I created to further answer this question in a more creative way and to cover any aspect that I may have missed in the presentation above.