This post is basically an overall update on the goings on within Volcanic Productions on the subject of production. I will be stating my opinion on whether my group is ahead or behind schedule, truthfully, and what we are doing to maintain or improve it.
What's happened so far/ How's it going:
Okay so, assuming you have followed my journey through my media course so far you will know that myself and my team have had to learn how to use new equipment: DSLR training post and new software like FCP X: FCP X training as well as already producing a small documentary on the subject of litter as an extra part of the training.
So now we are pretty much left to our own devises to sort out everything we need before we start shooting: that is everything from the treatment to the animatic and storyboard as well as making sure we have actors and the actor release forms all before the 28th November when we are sent out to film our rough cut.
I am enjoying this media course and am really looking forward to filming however it is becoming very stressful and panic is really setting in, especially as I am hoping to live up to the same standard myself and my team achieved in AS last year.
Are we ahead or behind schedule:
Honestly, at this moment in time I think we running behind schedule because certain posts that are assigned to people are not being done when they are meant to be completed by, which then effects the rest of our team as they are waiting upon those posts. We are still yet to complete our storyboard, and animatic which takes a while to finish, especially if you want it at high standard. I am starting to panic as the deadline for R&P posts is in 11 days - rather a nerve raking thought - so I will be assigning extra hours after school either with my team or on my own to make sure everything is done by the 28th November.
Some sleepless nights are on the horizon I see :)
Our group discussion with Mr Hood
Each production team went in for a discussion on how we were getting on and Mr Hood identified/agreed with us that we are behind. He also pointed out the fact that I could be becoming rather bossy and controlling because I want things done straight away, which could mean that the rest of the group could be feeling a little unsure about doing anything without my say-so or worried its not done perfectly.
He also said that because in our group there is myself who is the control freak and another who is a lot more laid back, which means because we are opposite ends of the stick, there could be problems that could occur which means we need to find a way of balancing it out to make it easier for us to manage as a team and get things done.
The following days after discussion/Areas to improve:
I am trying not to be as controlling and giving the members in my team a little more space to do things without worrying about me turning into some demon, however while in doing this I am still making sure everything is done and helping them if they need help.
We have now completed our storyboard, which gives us a week to complete our animatic... with all hands on deck, we should get this done - no, positive thinking, we WILL get this done :).