My Production Team's Short Films Evaluations
The first day back and we were thrown straight into the frying pan. We each had to pitch our short film idea to the class and Mr Hood and have peer assessment on:
- How realistic the idea is. This consisted of how practical the film idea was and whether it could be fitted into our 5 minute limit.
- How creative it was. This consisted of basically how interesting and unique the idea was.
- How well delivered it was. This focuses on how well we pitched the film idea to the class. If we were boring then we could make a really good idea sound really bad, while if we pitched a really good film then the audience's attention would be captured and the chances of the film's being commissioned.
7 Deadly Sins
My Film's Feedback:
My idea was heavily dependent on the 7 Deadly Sins. In brief the idea was about a christian man who is slowly being corrupted by the devil via the seven deadly sins. It started off with Greed, which descended into Envy, then Lust which resulted in Gluttony, turned into Sloth and then Wrath. After this came Pride which turned into the devil himself.
The feedback I recieved suggested that my film idea had both a creative and interesting narrative however Mr Hood was worried that it may have been too intense and long-winded for the A2 project and wouldn't fit within the 5minute time limit. I strongly agree with this feedback as I do think that the idea was too big a project. I also felt, watching the video back, that I could of pitched a lot better as I seem to do a lot of stumbling over words which causes whatever I am trying to talk about to be harder to understand.
Charlotte B asked whether I felt that my idea was too long for the time given and at the time I felt that I'd manage it because there was only going to be one person to do every sin and that I could combine two sins into one: so Lust and Jealousy could tie in together, which would save time. The answer I gave back during the pitch I feel never answered her question properly. Now looking back, I agree with Charlotte that the idea was far too ambitious for the A2 project.
She also asked how I was going to show how the protagonist was being affected and corrupted by the 7 deadly sins. In answer to this question I thought about applying small bits of colour to the protagonist's clothing to signify the corruption, so for wrath it would be an item of red or black clothing while for gluttony maybe an orange wrapper.
The feedback I recieved suggested that my film idea had both a creative and interesting narrative however Mr Hood was worried that it may have been too intense and long-winded for the A2 project and wouldn't fit within the 5minute time limit. I strongly agree with this feedback as I do think that the idea was too big a project. I also felt, watching the video back, that I could of pitched a lot better as I seem to do a lot of stumbling over words which causes whatever I am trying to talk about to be harder to understand.
Charlotte B asked whether I felt that my idea was too long for the time given and at the time I felt that I'd manage it because there was only going to be one person to do every sin and that I could combine two sins into one: so Lust and Jealousy could tie in together, which would save time. The answer I gave back during the pitch I feel never answered her question properly. Now looking back, I agree with Charlotte that the idea was far too ambitious for the A2 project.
She also asked how I was going to show how the protagonist was being affected and corrupted by the 7 deadly sins. In answer to this question I thought about applying small bits of colour to the protagonist's clothing to signify the corruption, so for wrath it would be an item of red or black clothing while for gluttony maybe an orange wrapper.
Mystery
Cameron's Film:
Cameron's idea involved a mysterious murder which was committed by a unsuspected person. You are led to believe it was the drunk who killed the stranger however it turns out that its actually the friend that killed the stranger after he thought he was following him.
The feedback Cameron recieve was both negative and postive. People liked his idea however they thought it lacked motive or moto. I think that the moto behind the film would be "don't judge a book by its cover." As in, don't just ashume something about somebody just because of how they present themselves. Get to know them first.
I believe the idea to be a good one, however a difficulty we would have encountered would be the lack of police cars being available for us to use or the lack of police tape or realistic costumes. It would be hard to do in a 5 minute time restriction.
The feedback Cameron recieve was both negative and postive. People liked his idea however they thought it lacked motive or moto. I think that the moto behind the film would be "don't judge a book by its cover." As in, don't just ashume something about somebody just because of how they present themselves. Get to know them first.
I believe the idea to be a good one, however a difficulty we would have encountered would be the lack of police cars being available for us to use or the lack of police tape or realistic costumes. It would be hard to do in a 5 minute time restriction.
The Silver Lining
Daniel's Film:
Daniel's film idea was about a boy who falls into a brief comotosed state after crashing his motorbike into a tree. Following this he then has an out-of-body experience in which he walks around and nobody can see him, however at certain times things from the outter world affects him - like a light being shined into his body's eye makes the whole world go white for him etc.
On problem was that it would be dangerous for the actor to fall off a moving motorbike, or to fake a crash. The idea was interesting and creative and I believe the idea would be even better if we didn't have just 5 minutes for a film as we could develop on the story line.
Break
Charlotte's Film:
Charlotte wanted her film to be more of a comical story line. It was about a man being constantly pushed around all of his life by his wife, his parents and his boss until one day he just breaks and starts to act like a child and throws tantrums.
I thought the idea was a pretty good one, really humerous and interesting and would possibly fit within the 5 minute time limit, if we could condence it. It was a shame there was no powerpoint to go with the pitch, as the pitch was good but there was no visual prospect to show what the characters would be wearing or look like etc.