Wednesday, 11 June 2014

A2 Brief (Exam Comission)

   Okay, so to start with I'm going to talk about the A2 brief and what my course is going to involve. 


Five Minute Film:

As I mentioned in my welcome post, one of the main products in this course is to create a Five minute short film. On the next post I will be discussing what the definition of a short film is. This can be anything from live-action to animated and must at start and finish within the five minutes - including credits. I have a feeling with a most likely going to do live-action: like my other film last year. Rather excited :)

The Poster for the Film:

Furthermore, not only do with create the film, we must also design and create a film poster for out short film. The aim of posters in media are, as you most likely already know, used to market films and draw in the audience either by showing the cast members or by displaying plots or scenes from the films that the producers or distributers think will capture the audience's interest. Baring this in mind, the poster must be interesting to make our film catch out audience's attention. I look forward to doing this :) 

Example of a film poster from Percy Jackson

A Film Magazine Review featuring the Film

Just as you think there isn't any more, there is. Not only the poster and the five minute film, but we also must do a magazine page review that talks about our film and allows our audience to get an insight on what its about, who its aimed at and even allow them to judge whether they will enjoy it or not.

My AS Media Blog: